As an University of Oulu or Oamk student, you can acquire a 24/7 Campus Card to access the Linnanmaa campus. In other words, you can utilise the 24/7 facilities on Linnanmaa campus even outside teaching hours. All you need is a 24/7 Campus Card, which is available for purchase to all UO and Oamk students.
In addition, with the 24/7 Campus Card, you can also enter the University of Oulu’s Kontinkangas campus. However, you cannot access any of the class rooms there with an Oamk 24/7 Campus Card. You can just enter the campus to take a test in the exam system.
How to get a 24/7 Campus Card
- Go to https://shop.oulu.fi/
- Log in using Haka and select University of Oulu or Oulu University of Applied Sciences as your organisation. Log in to the service with your university/Oamk username and related password.
- Please select the product “24/7 Campus Card”. NB. You will see the card in the online store only if your attendance registration is valid and you are logged into the online store.
- Choose the background color for your card and add your own picture to it. For example, you can use the camera of your phone. The picture must be of good quality, it must be possible to identify it is you in the picture: The janitors cannot hand over your card to you if they are not able to tell it is your picture on the card.
- You can collect your card from the information desk at the campus you chose when you placed the order – but please wait at least 2 to 4 working days for the card to be ready for pic up. The options are
- Linnanmaa campus, Information desk in central lobby (Erkki Koiso-Kanttilan katu 1) or library (Pegasus) lobby
- University of Oulu, Kontinkangas campus, Information desk, Aapistie 5
Please remember to bring your ID to confirm your identity. You can prove your identity with a valid ID, e.g. a passport. The 24/7 Campus Card will be valid during your right to study, and one semester after it.
Information desk phone numbers and service hours
To be able to collect your card, arrange a meeting with a janitor at the university door. You can call the janitors who work at the information desks on weekdays between 8:00 and 15:45 using these numbers:
- Linnanmaa +358 50 472 8285
- Kontinkangas +358 50 567 1883
24/7 Campus Card gives you access to five rooms in Linnanmaa
You can enter the campus from all the doors which are marked with a 24/7 sticker. In Linnanmaa, there are several doors like this. Inside the campus, Oamk’s 24/7 Campus Card gives you access to these rooms:
- IT classroom 7B117
- Project spaces
The Campus Card and the right of access associated with the card are personal. Do not allow other persons to enter 24/7 spaces with your card. For example, students who go to campus at the same time, must each use their own access card. If you misuse a 24/7 access card, you might lose your card entirely or for a specified time period and there is no refund.
24/7 campus security
In case of fire alarm or medical emergency: Call 112 and give the address (University of Oulu / Oulu University of Applied Sciences, Linnanmaa campus or Kontinkangas campus. Check the street address and the name of the nearest front door. You can use e.g. Oulu Campus Navigator to find out nearest entrance/exit).
Criminal or disturbing behaviour: If the problem occurs during office hours, please contact the janitors (tel. +358 294 483007 or aulapalvelut at oulu.fi). At other times, you can contact Poko security services on tel. +358 400 392550 or call 112.