- Open your email. (You can set your signature either in the Outlook desktop version or the browser version. These instructions are for the browser version.)
- Open Settings (the cogwheel icon) from the top row options.
- Choose View all Outlook Settings (it’s the last item in the view).
- Choose Email, Compose and reply and type your signature to the Email signature field.
- Check both options for adding the signature automatically to all your new messages and the messages you reply to or send forward.
- Finally, remember to click the Save button.
Traditionally a signature has four lines of text with a maximum of 80 characters per line. Before the lines, add two hyphens and a space (
"-- ") to mark where the signature starts, it is customary and Outlook doesn’t do that for you. A good signature for a student would be:
Degree Programme, OUAS
Here is an example:
Engineering Degree Student (DIN12SP)
Degree Programme in Information Technology, OUAS