You need your password when you log in to your e-mail and other services provided for you by the University of Oulu or Oamk.
If your password does not work, it does not necessarily mean you have forgotten it:
- The first thing to do, is to make sure that you do not have Caps Lock (capital letters) on.
- The next option is to check your username: In some systems, you login using just the username while in others (usually cloud services) you need to give your email address.
- Also, sometimes it happens that your password just does not comply with all the services: E.g. it can happen that you are not able to log in to a service, but can still access your e-mail: In these cases, changing the password will help. (See instructions for how to change your University of Oulu account’s password or Oamk account’s password.)
Please read more about what makes a good password.
In case you have forgotten your password
- Use the username and password service of your organization and identify yourself through Suomi.fi e-Identification service either with online banking codes or other identification tokens. Read more:Finnish identification tokens – Suomi.fi and Identification methods for foreigners – Suomi.fi.
- Alternatively, you can reset the Oamk password and set a new with MFA authentication, so Suomi.fi e-Identification is not required. N.B.: This is only possible when it comes to the username of the Oamk! Read more: How to apply Oamk username and/or new password (oulu.fi).
- If you cannot use these self-services, you will have to come to the Campus ICT Service point. You must have your identity papers with you! If you are unable to come to the office within office hours, you might want to contact the ICT services for a suitable time. (For Oamk’s students only: As an option, you can also request the password to be sent to you to the (Finnish) phone number you have in Peppi.)
This article was published in categories English version available, All instructions, Oamk , for Oamk staff, for Oamk students, for the University of Oulu staff, for the University of Oulu students, accessible content, UniOulu and tags password, passwords, e-identification, suomi.fi, tunnistuspalvelu. Add the permalink to your favourites.