You need your password when you log in to your e-mail and other services provided for you by the University of Oulu or Oamk.
If your password does not work, it does not necessarily mean you have forgotten it:
- The first thing to do, is to make sure that you do not have Caps Lock (capital letters) on.
- The next option is to check your username: In some systems, you login using just the username while in others (usually cloud services) you need to give your email address.
- Also, sometimes it happens that your password just does not comply with all the services: E.g. it can happen that you are not able to log in to a service, but can still access your e-mail: In these cases, changing the password will help. (See instructions for how to change your University of Oulu account’s password or Oamk account’s password.)
Please read more about what makes a good password.
In case you have forgotten your password
- If you have a Finnish bank account, you can use the password service:
- If you cannot use the service mentioned above, you will have to come to the Campus ICT Service point. You must have your identity papers with you! If you are unable to come to the office within office hours, you might want to contact the ICT services for a suitable time. (For Oamk’s students only: As an option, you can also request the password to be sent to you to the (Finnish) phone number you have in Peppi.)