This instruction describes two methods how to act when you do not know or remember your Oamk username or its password.
- If you remember your password and want to change it, you can do it in easier way in accordance with the other instructions: How to change your Oamk password (oulu.fi).
- When planning a new password, check Password requirements and recommendations (oulu.fi).
Method 1: Apply username/password through Suomi.fi e-Identification
When you don’t know or remember your username, you can obtain it by identifying yourself through Suomi.fi e-Identification to Oamk’s username and password service. In the same way, you can apply for a new password if you do not know or remember the current one. The service will generate a new password for you that meets the requirements of a good password.
- Go to the Oamk username and password service. You have to identify yourself through Suomi.fi e-Identification service either with online banking codes or other identification tokens. Read more:Finnish identification tokens – Suomi.fi and Identification methods for foreigners – Suomi.fi.
- First, you have to accept the Rules of IT systems use and the access terms and conditions. After that, you will see your username and your new password.
- Your new password will be updated to the Oamk systems within five minutes. After that you could a) change the generated password or b) reset the password and then set a new one (see Method 2).
Method 2: Password self-service reset
If you have forgotten your password or want to reset the generated (hard-to-remember) password, you can also set a new password through the M365 sign-in window. This can be done on the Oamk network device or, if your device is outside the campus network, your M365 account must have an MFA method (i.e. multi-factor authentication is possible by your phone). Read more about MFA: Start using the multifactor authentication (MFA) in the Microsoft 365 cloud service (oulu.fi).
- If the device you are using is outside the campus network, you need for MFA authentication that phone which you have set in your M365 account security information.
- Begin the password resetting by going to M365 sign-in page http://365.oamk.fi, but DO NOT sign-in.
- Tap the option “Can’t access your account?/Unohdin salasanan” and then choose “Work or school account/Työ- tai koulutili”.
- To recover your account, enter your M365 username in form firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com if you are a staff member.
- Enter the characters you see in the picture (you can also listen them).
- Tap “Next/Seuraava”.
- In the verification step, choose the contact method for the verification: pick up the code from Authenticator app or choose a phone call, and act according to your choice.
- After a successful verification, you can set a new password and confirm it by entering your password in the fields reserved for them.
- Then tap “Finish/Valmis”.