If the webinar/event is in Finnish and a simultaneous translation in English is provided:
- See Zoom’s own instructions in English
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Zoom app.
- The host of the meeting/webinar will start the interpretation session.
- Once the interpretation session has started, you will see the interpretation function in the meeting/webinar controls (the icon looks like a globe). If you cannot see the interpretation option, check the ellipsis […] menu to see the options that do not fit in the visible options):
- Click Interpretation.
- Click English from the language menu – you will hear the interpreter translating and the voices in Finnish in the main channel are fainted.
- If you don’t want to hear the faint sound of the Finnish language speech on the main channel, you can choose the Mute Original Audio option. Then you will hear the English language channel (the interpretation) only.
- If you are given the right to unmute your mic (e.g., to ask a question) in a meeting, click the mic icon to unmute it and your voice will be heard on the main channel (i.e. the Finnish language channel).
- When the meeting/webinar host ends the interpretation, you will return to the main audio channel.
This article was published in categories English version available, All instructions, Oamk , for Oamk staff, for Oamk students, for the University of Oulu staff, for the University of Oulu students, accessible content, UniOulu and tags simultaanitulkkaus, zoom. Add the permalink to your favourites.