You can sign documents electronically with the Oamk Sign electronic signing service.
Anyone who receives an invitation email can use the system, whether they are working or studying at Oamk or not. Oamk’s external users log in to the service with an unique invitation ID.
- The signature service is used in a web browser
- How to sign in
- Sign the document(s) electronically
- The contents of a signature request in detail
The signature service is used in a web browser
Supported browsers are:
- Google Chrome (all versions)
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox (version 33 and above)
- Safari (all versions)
The electronic signature of the documents is completed only when all the recipients of the signature request have accepted the request. If the signature request involves multiple recipients, the request remains pending until they all have accepted the request. Once the request is completed and the documents are signed, the system will send an email to all recipients.
As a signatory, you can retrieve the completed signed documents from the system when you receive the e-mail: you will find links to the documents via the link in the e-mail.
How to sign in
There are two ways to log in to the Oamk Sign service, either
The method used in each case depends on how the sender of the signature request prepared the request.
How to log in to the service with your Oamk account
The email contains a link to the signature request. When an invitation is sent to an Oamk email address, there is no separate invitation identifier in the message.
- Click the “Open Document” link in the message to go to the signature request.
- Log in to the service by clicking the “Log in – Oulu University of Applied Sciences (OAMK) accounts” button on the login page. When logging in, give your email address in its shorter format (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com), i.e. not just a username and not the longer version of your email address.
- You will then be taken to the front page of the service, which will show the signing requests addressed to you.
- You can also access the Oamk Sign service at https://sign.oamk.fi. (NB. If you have already logged in to your MS 365 account in your browser, the login will take place automatically when you press the button.)
How you sign in to the service with an invitation ID and PIN code
The email contains a temporary invitation ID. In addition, you need a PIN code, as the authentication is a two-step authentication.
- Click the “Open Document” link in the email to go to the signature request. This will take you to the Oamk Sign login page.
- The invitation ID you received in the email will usually automatically appear in the field provided for the ID on the sign-in page. However, if the ID does not appear automatically to the field, please copy the invitation ID from the email into the ID field on the sign-in page.
- Click the “Login – Confirm invitation identifier” button.
- In addition to the invitation ID, you need a PIN (a SMS access code), which you will receive as a text message. The PIN code is valid for a limited time. If you do not have a valid PIN, you can get a new one from the system:
Click the “Send New Code” button to send a new PIN to your mobile phone.
- Enter the PIN you received to the field provided and then click the “Identify” button.
- You will now be taken to the front page of the service, where you will see the signing requests addressed to you.
How to sign the document(s) electronically
After reading the documents related to the signature request, you can accept the request as follows: There are two possibilities for signature depending on how the documents were prepared:
Option 1: Click the Approve button
- Choose “Approve” on the right side of the page on the signature request.
- Confirm that you want to sign document(s) electronically by clicking the “Sign” button in the confirmation window.
Option 2: Sign the document with a text (or a signaturelike image)
- Choose “Approve”.
- Choose “Approve with text signature” (OR “Approve with signature”).
- Choose signature style and colour (OR write your signature to the field)
- Sign the document(s) by choosing “Sign”.
The contents of a signature request in detail
- At the top of the page, you can find information about the request sender, date and message.
- Documents to be signed are attached to the signature request. You can find them in the “Documents” list. To open or download the documents for reading, click the name of each document.
- You can see the recipients of the request in “Recipients”. In the recipient list, you can see the status of each recipient at a glance (e.g. “Waiting for signature”, “Done”)
- On the right side of the page, you can see the signature request action buttons for accepting or rejecting the request.
- If you think you are not the correct recipient, you can transfer (delegate) the signature request to another person. Just click on the “Delegate” button and set a new recipient for the request.
- The system sends the new recipient a request to sign. At the same time, the original sender of the signature request is notified that you have delegated the signature request to another person.