An electronic document signing service – Oamk Sign – is now available at the University of Applied Sciences (Oamk). (To know how personal data is processed in Oamk Sign, please read the GDPR privacy notice)
Oamk Sign is suitable for electronic signing of almost all internal documents (such as decisions) within Oamk. The electronic signature implemented with Oamk Sign is also accepted by many external stakeholders.
Documents uploaded to Oamk Sign can be signed by all
- Oamk’s staff members,
- students, and
- any other person who has been sent a signature request from Oamk Sign.
No separate permissions are required for signing documents in Oamk Sign.
The request to sign a document arrives by email which contains a link to the Oamk Sign.
Log in to the service by
- your Oamk account (University staff and students), or
- with an invitation ID and PIN-code (SMS message).
See more detailed instructions about how to sign documents in Oamk Sign.
Make a signing request
To make signature requests, you have to upload the document to be signed to Oamk Sign. For this, you will need separate permissions that can be granted to Oamk staff members only. (If needen, ask more from your manager.)
NB. If you have the right to use both of Oamk’s (OAMK Sign) and the University of Oulu’s (UniOulu Sign) signing service, please use the service related to the task at hand.
Verify the eligibility of a signature made in Oamk Sign
The electronic signature is valid only on the original electronic document. A printed version of an electronically signed document on paper is only a copy, and the electronic signature is not valid on a paper copy. Use Adobe Acrobat Reader to verify the eligibility (integrity and originality) of an electronic signature.
The electronic signature is checked from the pdf document:
- Open the pdf file with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
On the top right side of the signed document is the Signature Panel (or Allekirjoituspaneeli) button. On its left side, you can see text about the electronic certificate (e.g. Certified by Oulun ammattikorkeakoulu Oy <kirjaamo @ oamk.fi>, Oulun ammattikorekakoulu, certificate issued by Entrust Class 3 Client CA.)
- Click the Signature Panel and you will see the document information (see below). You can e.g. check when the document was signed. If you want, you can click Signature Details (Allekirjoitustiedot) for more detailed information about the certificate.
Certified by Oulun ammattikorkeakoulu Oy <kirjaamo @ oamk.fi>
- No Changes are allowed
- Valid certified document
- Source of Trust obtained from Adobe approved Trust List (AATL)
- Document has not been modified since it was certified
- Signer’s identity is valid
- Signing time is from the clock on the signer’s computer
- Signature is not LTV enabled and will expire after 2023/04/24 13:21:57 +02´00´
- Signature details
- Last Checked: yyyy.mm.dd time timezone
- Field: Signature1 (invisible signature)
If the Adobe Acrobat Reader program reports that electronic signatures are not valid, e.g., ‘Signature has problems’, it may be a matter of program settings such as that Oamk Sign’s certificate has not been updated to the list of trusted certificates.