If you want to connect your macOS device to halls or classes presentation technology, there should be an application DisplayLink Manager installed and running on the macOS device.
The contents of this instruction:
1. Before you start installing, make sure that the installation of third-party programs is allowed in the device settings:
- System preferences > Security and Privacy > General
- Open the lock in the lower left corner and then change the setting: Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere
2. Download DisplayLink from the page: DisplayLink macOS Software for Downloads Section | Synaptics.
3. Read and accept the license agreement, click Accept and download will begin.
- Safari may ask permission to download files, in that case click Allow.
4. When the download is complete, open the Downloads view and double click DisplayLink Manager. Tap Continue > Install.
- In case you are not an administrator on the device, macOS will ask for an admin level ID and password for installation, enter them.
5. Installation is complete when you receive the notification “The installation was successful.”
1. DisplayLink Manager is an application and so it should be running while the hall technology is used. Start it for example through Spotlight Search.
2. When DisplayLink Manager is running, select the option “Launch automatically after login“.
3. In the systen preferences (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Screen Recording) open the lock in the lower left corner. In the same window, in the list on the right, tick DisplayLink Manager.
- If DisplayLink Manager does not appear in the list, use the plus button (+) to add it to the list.
NOTE. Audio sources on some macOS devices do not switch automatically, so in that case they must be selected in the workstation settings.
1. Move DisplayLink Manager icon to the bin.
- In you get the notification ”… Can’t be moved to the Bin because it’s open”, DisplayLink Manager is running in the backround. Boot the computer, do not launch the application, but move it to the Recycle Bin.
2. At the end, empty the Recycle Bin.