VPN connection (Virtual Private Network) is a solution that enables the workers to reach the organizations network securely from the insecure public network. This enables e.g. remote work from home or traveling. The VPN uses “virtual” connections that are routed through the Internet from the organization’s private network to the employee: Both parts are first identified and when the data is transferred over the public network, it is encrypted, so anyone intercepting the data is not able to read it.
How to create a new VPN connection
ICT services recommends Open VPN or FortiClient. Palo Alto Global Protect is an option for Windows but it will be discontinued in Oamk later this year (December 2022). Please follow Heimo for more information.
- Open VPN
- works for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- works for Windows, Linux, Mac, as well as iOS and Android devices.
- Palo Alto Global Protect
- works only for Windows and MS Surface Pro: Use the Global Protect application for Windows.
When you have connected to Oamk’s network, you can map your network drive according to this guideline:
- Mapping a network drive in Windows 10 (Staff’s guide)
- Also, you need to be in the Oamk’s network to log into Peppi