Everyone at Oamk has multifactor authentication (MFA) in use for the Microsoft Office 365 cloud service.
If you are not familiar with MFA in general, please see how MFA protects your account from unauthorized use.
- On this page, you’ll find instructions how to set up your MFA settings for MS Office 365
- If you have not done it already, you will have to adjust the settings the first time you log into MS Office 365 outside Oamk’s network.
MFA is activated for all Oamk users and it is used when you login to MS 365 outside of Oamk’s network, i.e. when you are not using kk wi-fi on campus or you have established a VPN connection to Oamk’s network. However, MFA is not always required for MS Offce 365 logins.
You will need your phone
With MFA, your password alone is not enough. After giving your password, there is another authentication step:
The next step is a changing, temporary six number code that you will get to your phone to a separate app, or with a SMS or a call. We at the ICT Services prefer the Authenticator mobile app. We recommend that you also add your phone number as an alternative option.
To connect your phone to the MFA, you will need both your mobile phone and a computer: you have to be able to scan a QR code from your computer screen with your phone’s camera with the Microsoft Authenticator mobile app.
How to take MFA into use
- Get the free Microsoft Authenticator app to your phone from Appstore or Play Store.
- On your computer, go to https://aka.ms/mfasetup and login using your Oamk account.
- Set the app as your preferred option: Under “What’s your preferred option?” choose Notify me through app.
- Under “How would you like to respond?”,
- check Authenticator app or Token
- click the Set up authenticator app button
- A “Configure mobile app” view with a QR code opens.
- On your phone, open the Microsoft Authenticator mobile app
- Add your account (Work or school account).
- Now the app opens a QR scanner: Scan the QR code, and your Oamk account will be added to the Authenticator mobile app on your phone.
- When you open the mobile app, you will see a six digit, temporary code, that changes every 30 seconds.
- Next, on your computer, click the Next button on the “Configure mobile app” view in the browser.
- After a while, you should get a verification request to your phone. Choose Approve and your phone is approved for MFA on your Oamk MS 365 account.
- Add your phone number to the Authentication Phone field and a check the checkbox.
- If you happen to have two phone numbers, you can also add the other phone number on the Alternate authentication field.
- Please remember to save the settings!